1. Kids Deserve It!
- Relationships matter
- Visit students homes
- "we have to view every child as a seed waiting to bloom"
- "get off the island and start collaborating".
- competitive collaboration
- 8 things to look for in Today's Classroom -- pg 111
- I Learn (via Krissy Venosdale)
- Creativity is where we start to think differently, and innovation is where creativity comes to life #innovatorsMindset
by John Spencer and AJ Juilani - This book provides a modeled design to create collaborative, innovative, and critical thinking learning model.
- Look, Listen, and Learn - Ask Lots of Questions - Understand the Problem or Process - Navigate Ideas - Create - Highlight What's Working and Failing
- We all creative and provides strategies to support this in classrooms of all ages
- Often the Labels kids receive become the lies that they believe
- Ask TONS of questions
- "If school is meant to prepare people for real life, then why doesn't school look like real life?" - Bo Adams
These books continue to reinforce the importance of creating a learning environment that is built on relationships, innovation/asking critical thinking questions, and putting the students first (and a part) of the learning process.